Sunday, December 2, 2012

Training

11.28.12

This Wednesday (November 28th) due to the school schedule change, I took my
trip over to RPI. After arriving late due to transportation confusion, I promptly
began my task for the day. I had to complete two training courses before I could
participate in actual lab work. This training consisted of about two hours
containing courses in both general lab safety and biohazard safety. The training
used an online course that consisted of text slides, audio, and video, and "tests"
were included along the way. After learning a ton about MSDS (material safety
data sheets) and different safety controls in the labs, I passed the final exam
(especially because the program made you retake it until you got a perfect score!).
After my training, JP took me to get my official RPI ID card. After giving many
forms of legal identification, the clerk took my picture and made me an official
part of the RPI system! I can now enter the building, office, and lab by
myself (finally!)! 

My ID!
















Next week, I am hopefully going to participate in the lab because I have now 
completed all of my training. I can't wait!


3 comments:

  1. Safety first! Now you can get to the fun part. (Though, playing with cardboard boxes must have been fun!)

    Again, great use of a picture. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailin!
    I think it's really cool how your internship is helping you to get a better idea of what you want to do later in life. Chemical or Biomedical Engineering sound like interesting fields to explore. Taking the test until you get a perfect score sounds difficult though so nice work! You mentioned during our meeting something about working with peptides. Do you know what you're going to be working on specifically yet?

    ReplyDelete